Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Big Box Brand Name Church

Most people know I am a Christian.
I know some of my blogs and adventures seem risqué but I am usually saved from myself by the spirit that lives in me. Thankfully!
So, where to begin my tiny rant?
I will tell you I’m at least as fed up as Martin Luther must have been
(not Dr MLK jr - altho he was fed up too)
I am tired of driving past churches that have extravagant electronic signs, giant gymnasiums and recreation centers and pastors with multi-million dollar homes.
Is this why the church is tax exempt?
Has Satan really clouded your vision so much as to think this is a good and necessary thing?
I hear people in these churches saying things like “why should we help immigrants when we haven’t even helped our own at home?”
Well who the heck do you think is supposed to do the helping?
You are!
The church.
And not with a fancy house or sign.
The church has failed the community.
We wouldn’t need social programs if the church was doing what it is called to do; what Christ said to do.
Don’t like taxes paying for kids’ school lunches - feed the community
Don’t like so much crime in the city - create community centers where they are needed and co-operate them with people from the church and the community
Tired of seeing so many homeless people - create community parks and spaces with shelter in which the homeless and the community can be the caretakers
It’s time for the church to step up.
Stop wasting millions of dollars on things that only benefit the church and be a part of the community.
Partnership creates a culture of ownership and mutual respect.
Provide food, shelter, clothing and most of all fellowship in which the teachings of Christ are at the center of every action - Walk the Talk, Lead by Example.
Give Christians a good name for a change.
Stop judging others - there is but one judge according to your own beliefs - live it!! Do unto others. Love your brother as yourself!!
Christ tells us we aren’t supposed to do things for those who are like us but for those who are not like us. None of us are perfect and we all sin differently - you are no exception! I am definitely no exception!
Step out in faith and let God do the rest!
Personally, I try to put my money where my mouth is but I intend to step up even more in the next few months.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Preach it! -Brian