Thursday, February 26, 2015

Working 9 to 5 or really like 7:30 to 4:30

Everyone has been asking how the new job is going so I comprised a list of some of the
Pros and Cons -

PRO:
Yay! I have a steady job with good pay.

CON:
Boo. I have to go to bed early and get up early.

PRO:
I'm doing what I love and what I paid a fortune to an institution of higher education to do.

CON:
I have to start paying back those loans so there goes a big chunk of that "good pay"

PRO:
I get to dress fancy every day!

CON:
I have to dress fancy everyday.

PRO:
I have my own space on the top floor with a sky light.

CON:
It is really super quiet.  Like public library quiet. Like, you better not fart in your cubicle because I am going to hear you quiet.

PRO:
I'm part of a really small group within the organization.  My boss described us as "rogue"
I like that.

CON:
I don't think I'm going to meet any hot men since we are a really small group (4 ppl) and two of us are women (one who is retiring in 2 weeks), one is the boss and the other is married.

PRO:
I can finally wear all this damn lipstick I keep buying.

CON:
I have to keep applying lipstick all day.

PRO:
I'll be able to move ITP!

CON:
I have to commute no matter where I live.

PRO:
I get an hour for lunch.  The cafeteria is pretty good and there's a lot of great restaurants in the vicinity.

CON:
I have no one to go to lunch with (this may be a PRO also tho)

PRO:
Everyone is really nice.  Not cult nice but genuinely nice.

CON:
I don't think we will be having "talk like a..." whatever day like we did at Blick.  I miss talk like a game show host day and also talk like your favorite foreigner day.  sigh.

PRO:
I am going to utilize skills that have atrophied over the past few years.  No, not those skills.

CON:
I have to make sure I remember how to use all the programs they are under the impression I can use.

PRO:
The weekend won't just be two other days that I get confused with the weekdays because there was nothing to differentiate them.

CON:
No days off during the week to do a little day drinking.

PRO:
I will be able to settle all my outstanding debts. 

CON:
The IRS will get most of my money.  seriously.  like one fifth of what I make this year plus what I will normally owe.  Bastards.

PRO:
Travel! Travel! Travel!  Guess who's going to do some travelling?

CON:
I will only have the weekends to travel.

PRO:
My cubicle is really close to the bathroom.

...always good to end on a high note =)

So there's that.  I am really blessed and excited about this opportunity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the day drinking, but congrats!